Ballybunion Golf Club- Ballybunion, County Kerry
(World Top 20 rated Golf Course and venue for 2008 Murphy’s Irish Open.)
2014 – Appointed as Clubs “In House” Golf Course Architect.
The Old Course
- Design of new green site and approach for the 7th hole.
- Supervised the rebuilding of 17 remaining green sites .renewing rootzone and re-turfing the green and green surrounds with 100% fescue turf. All green side bunkers were converted to revetted style bunkers.
- Redesign of practice putting green, 1st tee area and reshaping of 1st hole to turning point, creating grass pathways through new links landscape.
- Redesign of tees on holes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,13 and 14, sitting the tees into newly created dunescape where required.
- Creation of new dunes Amphitheatre around the 5th green.
- Re-landscaped the former ‘garden area’ of the 6th hole, creating a new links style landscape.
- Reshaped area to rear of 6th green, lowering the ground between the 7th tees, creating an “infinite” look through to the Atlantic Ocean whilst playing the approach shot to the 6th green.
- Reshaped and lowered the ground in front of the 7th tees to reveal view through to the fairway, moving the pathway over to the cliff edge.
- Realigned the 13th hole, hugging the large dunes down the right side of the fairway. Re-landscaped the area between the 2nd and 13th fairways and the area short of Kitty’s River, re-defining the strategy of the 13th fairway and creating a more natural Links landscape on the approach to Kitty’s River and to the separation area between holes 2 and 13.
- Installed new grass walkways at the 1st, 2nd ,3rd , 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th ,13th , 14th and 15th tee sites ,sitting the pathways more into the natural landscape and creating more dunescsape to form the paths as required.
Winter 2017 Projects include:
- Redesign and rebuild of 18th hole
- Reroute and rebuild of path from 16th green to 17th fairway, replacing gravel path with new tuff path
- Re-landscaping of area around greenkeeping compound.
The Cashen Course.
2014 Redesign and rebuild of the 2nd hole green site
Killarney Golf and Fishing Club – Killarney, county Kerry.
(venue for the 1991,1992 and 2010 Irish opens.)
Carried out a series of redesign proposals on the Killeen course which included:
- redesign of the 1st fairway and green surrounds.The positioning of a new stone wall to support the green site, allowing the creation of additional green area, extending out into the lake, heightening the excitement and challenge of the shot to the green.
- redesign of the fairway and approach to the 4th green. Positioning a new stone wall along the lake edge.
- redesign of the 6th hole.
- redesign of the 10th hole ,creating an “Island green”.
- redesign of the 11th fairway and approach to the green, repositioning bunkers to improve hole aesthetics and strategy.